Tuesday 11 November 2008

On colour

So it's been hectic as usual, but one thing has really struck me this autumn. The colours of the leaves on the trees have been absolutely fantastic due the ever-increasing silly weather we get here. I've been meaning to take some photos of the trees near home for a while, and finally got around to doing so this morning while taking the dog for a walk. Here are some of the photos from said walk...

067

053

052

060

I also took photos of the leaves themselves which I'm sure are not that inspiring to look at.

I've been thinking a lot about colour recently and significance to our lives. Why, for example, do we associate the Labour Party with the colour red, the Tories with blue and yet in America it's the other way around - the Democrats are blue and Republicans red? (That's a middle of the night, or rather early morning, thought which came to me when watching Obama give his victory address).

We're surrounded by so many glorious colours every day - just spend some time looking at the skies every afternoon for 10 or 15 minutes for a week and you will see what I mean.

I get so inspired by the colours of nature, I hope you do too.

No comments: