Wednesday 19 December 2007

This is going to be a very short post today, seeing as I have a stack of knitting to get done for the end of the week. After the post yesterday, I took the kids to see Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. I highly recommend this film to everyone - it is absolutely wonderful and I think Dustin Hoffman deserves an Oscar for it. The kids thought it was amazing and it gave me a kind of renewed vigour. Everyone, adults and kids alike, came out the cinema smiling at each other. I can't remember the last time I went to a film and the cinema staff smiled at me.

We then went to the new Ikea. It was quite busy and we didn't stay that long. They've got a play area in the kids' section which the kids enjoyed greatly - and which I also enjoyed as I got some time to do more of Robbie's sock, purched on a bright red kids' chair. Amazing how many looks I got off people, looking at the sock and trying to figure out what I was doing. I wonder if I am the first person to knit there?!!

So back to the figures from hell. After I got home last night and the kids were safely tucked up in bed, I decided to have another go. But not at old Chippy, but the Mayor. And guess what?! It's working perfectly. I've still got loads to do on them, but I should get them finished by the end of the week.

No comments: