Monday 17 December 2007

POTED, or Putting Off the Evil Day

Anyone who went to Finham Park School in the 1980s-1990s will know this phrase, thanks to Mr Hyland the History Teacher. He has left this earth since I learned this phrase, but it has always stuck with me. Such a nice guy, bit bonkers, huge fan of Ozzy Osbourne (apparently they grew up around the corner from each other).

Anyway, I am completely putting off the evil day and procrastination is the name of the game today. I refer to Camberwick Green figures. I can't help it, I just hate acrylic yarn! Doug said to me last night that I really should be getting on with them, seeing as I need to have them finished for Friday at the very latest. So what did I do? I started a sock for Robbie, justifying it to myself that he had handpicked some Opal sock yarn ages ago and asked me to make a pair for him. I've almost completed the first sock. It's so much fun knitting socks for people with smallish feet (he's already a UK 10.5 and he's only 4 and a bit). I highly doubt that I'm ever going to buy socks for them again. Well not for a few years anyway. I've already eyed up some Tofusies in pick for a pair for Zoe, and also some of the rainbowish Opal yarn. And then I'll perhaps eventually get around to a pair for myself. I am now a confirmed sock knitter so will have to join the sock knitting groups on Ravelry. Why oh why are socks so addictive?

In further attempts to procrasinate, I am currently eyeing up the base of the Christmas tree, planning to do a skirt for it as soon as possible. I obviously don't have time to knit one (I'd love to do one Manos one in the Holiday Handknits book but me thinks it would take about four weeks at least, not four days!) so am going to do a patchwork one instead. I've been inspired by my visit on Saturday to the quiliting shop in Smith Street, so I'm going to get out some of my fabrics and machine.

And if that weren't enough procrastination for the day, I am going to shut the door on the utility room. The washing machine and tumble dryer are literally covered with piles of laundry waiting to be ironed (ha! good joke) and desperately wanting to actually being put in wardrobes and draws. This now only gets done when my mother in law is here. Too much knitting, not enough time.

No comments: