Thursday 27 March 2008

On meeting Louisa Harding

Left to right: Cheryl, Daisy, Sarah, me, Mandy is just about visible behind me, Louisa, Tanisha & Angie...

As you can see from this photo, a group of us met Louisa Harding in February. We had a great time, including Daisy getting lots of buttons from the Button Company. After visiting a couple of stands we descended upon the Designer Yarns stand where we met the fab Louisa Harding. It was fab to meet such a down to earth person - who is also a working mum- and someone who is incredibly talented. She told us where she gets her inspiration from; Dauphine was inspired by the film 'Marie Antoinette' by Sophie Ford Coppola and 'Summer Classics' by the Great Gatsby. Look at both books and you'll see the connections.

After meeting her, we all got inspired to knit some of her creations - from kids clothes (me) to accessories. It was so nice to see the real person behind the brand. The only regret from the day is that I didn't meet Debbie Bliss, but I did leave my Baby Knits for Beginners with Louisa and Debbie signed it for me.

No comments: